The government has social workers, why can't God?
We are Social Workers! Or as some people might put it, evangelists. Why are we called Social Workers? It describes what we do! We carry an Evangbible with us whenever we leave the house, tracts in our pockets, etc. We get the Word out. The only word that's important. It's the most wonderful news anyone could ask for!
Join the cause! To be a Social Worker I'd suggest:
Buying a small Bible (that fits in your pocket) and MARK IT UP! Highlight the Romans Road (Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9 in that order), and any other verse that will help you prove difficult points in biblical discussions. I have included my highlighted verses below. ALSO make sure you write the verses you highlighted in the back of your Bible along with it's topic so you can find it in a pinch.
Please like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Social-Workers/151470048205509?ref=ts
Also - about these verses. Some of them are not immediately clear and will take some thought and/or interpretation. So you probably want to look at them before you just go write it in your Evangbible.
Verses that help when discussing:
- The Holy Spirit: Isaiah 48:16
- Jesus is God: Revelation 22:13, 16a (the "I" in both those passages are the same person), John 10:30
- Proves Evolution Wrong: Hebrews 1:2b; Exodus 32:21,24 (The excuse Aaron gives for the golden calf is the exact same reason scientists give for evolution. "It just happened". Look how God punished the Israelites for that excuse. I don't think He accepts it.)
- Works: Ephesians 2:8-9
- Proves life after death: Matthew 22:32
- God will judge by your works (not to be confused with being *saved* by your works) 1 Peter 1:17
- "You offended me!" 2 Timothy 3:16
- "I'm a good person." Jeremiah 17:9
- "I'll get saved later." Hebrews 9:27
- Eternal Security: John 10:28,29; Matthew 10:29-31 (best one to use); Matthew 7:13,14
- "Do I have to go to church if I get saved?" 2 Corinthians 5:17