Saturday, November 12, 2011

Proof That God Exists?

The question people have asked and wanted an answer for for years is "can we PROVE for a FACT that God exists?"

I'm submitting to you that this is a contradictory statement (to a certain degree), and cannot be done.

God tells us to have FAITH in Him. What's faith?

"Faith is consciously choosing to believe in something even though all the pieces might not fit or makes sense together."

A lot of times (honestly) it doesn't make sense to believe in God, but I do anyway because I KNOW He's real from different circumstances in my own life. That's not what this post is about though.

This is my train of thought; you're asking me to prove (using science, facts, and tangible evidence) to you something that (by definition) doesn't make sense (depending on how you're looking at it). That's like trying to prove why red is blue. It's just not something that can be done because what you're asking for is an oxymoron. You have to think about things in a different way altogether.

If you want to learn how to think about God, go to the book He wrote, the Bible (see my post on Study Tools to see what versions I deem acceptable and why. These are the versions/translations I will be working with).

As far as getting saved goes, look at Acts 16:31a -

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved..."

(If you have questions on why I only used the first half, or what the second half of the verse means, please leave a comment and I would be glad to explain)

He tells us to believe here; to have faith. There's not much more I can say about that. There are many, MANY times in the Gospels where people are healed and/or forgiven of sins because of their faith (ask if you want examples).

So to sum things up, my point is that if you want tangible proof and evidence in God, you probably aren't going to get it since believing in God requires faith.

This is Mickey Gonzalez, Accept that Claim and live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment